At the Georgia Renaissance Festival, you’ll find a little bit of history and a whole lotta FUN! Celebrating 33 years in 2018, the Festival willl run for 8 spectacular weekends from April 16th through June 5th, on Saturdays, Sundays with the exception of Memorial Day in which it will be open on Monday. Each weekend features something uniquely to enhance the enjoyment of all who enter the gates of this 32-acre English Village that will take you back to the 16th Century.
Upon entry, over 200,000 guests each year are greeted by the Queen who is perched high above in the Front Gate Castle. Once inside, patrons will feast like royalty on fine fare like giant smoked turkey legs, frothy ales and a variety of other foods in the pubs and eateries situated around the Village. Entertainment for all ages is abundant with over 150 shows each day performed on 10 stages. There is everything from circus-style acrobatics, comedy and improv, to music, dance and of course, the main event, the Joust.
The Village is home to over 150 arts and crafts merchants, demonstrating artisans providing one-of-a kind treasures from Renaissance clothing, hand-blown glass art, jewelry, pottery, paintings, weaving, leather-crafting, stained glass artistry and more. This Renaissance art fair is a shop ‘til you drop collectors’ dream.
What to expect?
Equus Maximus - The Extreme Joust: You'll be on the edge of your seat as noble knights in shining armor battle and compete with lance and sword, crossbow and chariot! This epic show is filled with thrilling stunts, trick riding, and over twelve tons of equine fury!
The Wheel of Death: This 30-foot tall, spinning monstrosity is Icabod Wainwright’s personal playground. His death-defying antics and skill will thrill and amuse you as he performs inside and outside of this giant medieval “hamster wheel”. You have to see it to believe it! You’re guaranteed to have sweaty palms while watching this show!
Giving Tree Drums: Everyone will experience the magic and discover how much fun they can have as they make music with those around them. Giving Tree Drum Circle is a completely interactive, fun and truly an inclusive activity for people of all backgrounds.
Blades of Death: Ichabod Wainright is pushing the limits - again! Watch as he hurls blades of sharpened steel toward his lovely assistant Samantha Stage wonder while balancing on a slack rope! What?!
Squire of the Wire: This hilarious show for adults (and kids) features original comedy, outrageous stunts, fire and knives, and the world's only kilted over the audience kilted tight wire walker.
Dynamo Dogs: Lady Gail Mirabella and her canine counterparts, the Dynamo Dogs, present a high-energy, fast-paced and exciting show for your amazement and enjoyment. Working as a team, these remarkable pups demonstrate their agility and acrobatic skills - You won't want to miss the Dynamo Dogs in action!
Geoff Marsh Fire Circus: Children of all ages will be mesmerized by Geoff as he balances, juggles, and creates feats of wonder - and did we mention fire?! Geoff is an accomplished magician, clown, mime, juggler, and fire manipulator and we promise you will leave his show with a smile on your face!
The Harper and the Minstrel: The Harper and The Minstrel specialize in beautiful Ayres and Ballads, but are quite adept at Jigs, Reels & Dances. Their vast repertoire includes unique arrangements of music ranging from the 13th Century Spanish Cantigas de Santa Maria to the music of English lutenist John Dowland to Ireland's harper Turlough O'Carolan to their own enchanting compositions.
Dancing Hammers: Robert Burns and Victoria Van Arnam combine their passions for hammered dulcimer, eclectic music, and education into a dynamic concert experience.
There are many returning favorites providing endless entertainment on the 10 stages in the Village:
- Premium Joust Seating: Faire goers can upgrade to VIP Seating INSIDE the Joust Arena on the Royal Reviewing Stand in shaded and cushioned seating with the Queen and her Court. After the Joust these VIPs are treated to a meet ‘n greet with the Knights, a photo opportunity that will last a lifetime.
- The Tortuga Twins: An annual favorite – This audience-interactive comedy show will have you screaming with laughter.
- Barely Balanced Acrobatic Daredevils: They’re back, diving through fire, hurling machetes, and testing the limits of natural selection! Don’t miss seeing your favorite acrobats endanger their lives in this hilarious, award winning show. The day starts with their “Sharp Knives and Stupid Humans Extravaganza” and ends with the incredible “Fire Finale.” Come laugh, cheer, and become a part of the action!
- Hypnotist Rick Stratton: A certified hypnotherapist, stage hypnotist, and comedian, Rick Stratton has been traveling the United States for years making people laugh while performing his comedy hypnosis show. You’ll be filled with side-splitting laughter at the antics of the audience volunteers under his hypnotic spell.
- Hey Nunnie, Nunnie! This sister act will have you rolling in the pews. The unconventional Mother Redempta and the mischievous ukulele wielding Sister Philomena Claire dazzle with comedic escapades – Cracking jokes, singing songs, and “counseling” unsuspecting audience members. These silly sisters could make the Pope laugh!
- The Washing Well Wenches: They're wet! They're wacky! And they want your laundry! The Washing Well Wenches bring us "good, clean fun and wet, dirty women"!
- The Ded Bob Sho – We’re not really sure when Ded Bob passed, but he keeps showing up every year at the Festival with his unique brand of graveside humor. Warning: Sitting in the front row may get you “Bob-mo-tized!”
- Birds of Prey Falconry Exhibition – You’ll be astounded as the spectacular hawks, eagles, owls and vultures demonstrate their free-flight skills directly over the heads of the audience! They are amazing creatures in an amazing show.
- Cu Dubh: The sounds of ancient thundering war drums and skirling bagpipes like you’ve never heard before. Cu Dubh presents tribal warrior music at its best. Be you Viking, Druid, Celt, Mongol or Moor, these ringing harmonies and pounding rhythms will bring forth the ancient spirits and set loose the wolf once again!
- Shenanigans: The Shenanigans are a musical trio hailing from the fair shores of Eire, bringing with them fun-filled music and almost-funny jokes.
- Parrots of the Caribbean: Colorful and chatty parrots are the stars of this free-flight aviary! Get up close and personal with these beautiful exotic birds. It's a tropical adventure!
- Landloch’d: If Celtic music with a twist is what you seek, you’ll enjoy this unlikely duo. One from the highlands of Scotland, and the other from the Moor-infested lands of Spain – these two have come together to share their love of Celtic and Pirate music with the masses.
General Admission at The Gate: Adult $22 / Child Ages 6-12 $10 - Children Under 5 are always FREE - Discount Tickets Online at GArenfest.com: Adult $19 / Child $8
Use Promo Code: Macaroni to receive up to $6 off ticket prices!
6905 Virlyn B. Smith Road, Fairburn, GA 30213
Here's How to Enter for a Family 4 Pack!
- EMAIL email@example.com with subject REN FEST by Sunday, April 29th. Please include your name and phone number. (Mandatory).
- 2 BONUS ENTRIES: Like our REN FEST giveaway post on Facebook by CLICKING HERE and leaving a comment.
- 2 BONUS ENTRIES: Follow Macaroni Kid CEM on Twitter. Leave a comment on any REN FEST post letting me know you started following/follow us!
- 2 BONUS ENTRIES: Follow Macaroni Kid CEM on Instagram by clicking here! Leave a comment on any REN FEST post letting me know you joined/already follow our page!
- 10 BONUS ENTRIES (per new subscriber!): Refer a subscriber to Macaroni Kid College Park East Point Morrow! Make sure they put your name in the "How'd you hear about us" box so you get credit!
2018 Themed Weekends
Subject to Change
Kids Free Weekend (Sponsor: Superior Play Systems)
Time Warp Weekend
Pet Friendly Weekend
The Wish Family will be guests of The Queen; Donate $2 per ticket sold all season using promo code WISH to Make-A-Wish Georgia
Get a peak of the German Renaissance period this weekend only. Sample a variety of German Beers and Bavarian Food while enjoying special guest musicians from the German Renaissance Era.
|May 12||Educator Appreciation Day|
|May 19 (Tentative) |
Boy Scout Day
Get a FREE Patch at Info Booth if in uniform.
ASL Celebration Day
Deaf Interpreters on select stages for select shows and craft demos (there will be a schedule)
|May 26, 27 & 28|| |
Renewal of Vows at 1:30pm in the Wedding Garden on both days