March 4, 2012
- This Week in Macaroni Kid College Park
- WIN: A Family 4-Pack to Rabbit Tales!
- WIN: Tickets to Motherhood the Musical!
- WIN: DVD of GMC World Premiere Movie Brother White
- 2012 Summer Camp Guide
- Benefits of Summer Camp
- How to Pick a Summer Camp for your Child
- Paying for Summer Camp
- Health Care at Camp
- Harlem Globetrotters Family 4-Pack Special Offer!!
- Macaroni Review: Atlanta Opera's The Golden Ticket
- Move with Me! Kids Yoga Program
- March is "Music in Schools" Month
- Macaroni Recipe: Pumpkin Cream Cheese French Toast
- Macaroni Craft: Playtime Wand
- Macaroni Reminder: Daylight Savings March 11
- This Week's Picks
- This Week's Calendar
- Teen Scene
- Plan Ahead
- Welcome to Macaroni Kid!
- 2012 Macaroni Kid College Park Summer Camp Guide
- Join Macaroni Kid on Facebook!
I dreamed this recipe up when I got hungry for stuffed French toast, but couldn’t find a recipe using any of the ingredients I had on hand. So, I went to my pantry, found a can of pumpkin, and whipped this up… it’s like eating a layer of pumpkin cheesecake between your French toast.
Makes 4-6 servings, depending on how much filling you prefer, and it’s VERY easy to double this recipe.
(adjust to your taste—I didn’t actually measure anything)
- 8 - 12 slices of bread (Any bread should work. We used raisin bread)
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened (half a package)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1-2 Tbsp brown sugar (if using raisin bread, use less sugar)
- 1/2 - 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 - 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup ground pecans (optional)
- sprinkle of powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk ( I used coconut)
- splash of vanilla and dash or two of cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice are optional additions to the egg mixture
- Preheat your pan/skillet to medium (I set my electric skillet to 300 degrees).
- In a small bowl, mix the softened cream cheese, pumpkin puree, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and ground pecans together in a bowl. If you want to move things along quicker, you can warm the cream cheese in the microwave since you’re going to be cooking this anyway. Taste the filling to see if you need to make any adjustments.
- In a wide bottomed bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and any of the flavorings if you choose to use them.
- Spread filling onto a slice of bread, cover with a second slice, then dip each side in the egg mixture and place in the pan. If your pan is not non-stick, use a little butter to grease the pan (I didn’t need to do this).
- Brown each side to your liking, then place on a plate, sprinkle with a little powdered sugar, if you like, and serve!
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC