January 29, 2012
- This Week in Macaroni Kid College Park
- WIN: Family 4-Pack to The Golden Ticket!
- WIN: Family 4-Pack Tix to Princess & the Goblin!
- WIN: Two Tickets to Ruth and the Green Book!
- WIN: 6 Months of Free Advertising!
- Balancing the Super Parent in All of Us
- Macaroni Review: Space!
- Macaroni Review: Crunch 'Ems Granola Clusters
- Dare. Dream. Do.
- Treasure Buddies
- 2012 Macaroni Kid College Park Summer Camp Guide
- Macaroni Made: Floating Popcorn Kernels
- Macaroni Menu: Slow Cooked Tortilla Soup
- This Week's Picks
- This Week's Calendar
- Teen Scene
- Plan Ahead
- Welcome to Macaroni Kid!
- Join Macaroni Kid on Facebook!
This particular recipe calls for a perfect blend in spices and hearty ingredients. You can make a little or a lot but I can't guarantee there will be leftovers.
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp chili powder (Menudo Spice mix works great)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 14 oz Enchilada sauce
- 4 oz green chilis
- 3 bonesless, skinless chicken breasts (season w/salt and pepper before placing in the pot)
Cut, chop, or dice the veggies and chicken to your preference. Feel free to alter spices and substitute chicken broth with low sodium broth if desired.
- Set slow cooker at highest temperature
- Place prepped veggies and chicken throughout the base of the slow cooker
- Pour green chiles, Enchilada sauce and chicken broth and blend together
- Add remaining ingredients evenly and blend again
- Cook for 2 hours at medium-high temperature or until chicken is fully cooked
- Top with Garnishes (options): Tortilla chips, avocado slices or shredded cheese.
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC