January 15, 2012
- This Week in Macaroni Kid College Park
- WIN: Justin's Nut Butter!
- WIN: 100% Pure Organic Kids!
- Say "Yes" to Hot Cocoa!
- Macaroni Craft: Mexican Bean Bracelets
- Macaroni Made: Popcorn Balls
- 2012 Macaroni Kid College Park Summer Camp Guide
- This Week's Picks
- This Week's Calendar
- Teen Scene
- Plan Ahead
- Welcome to Macaroni Kid!
- Join Macaroni Kid on Facebook!
Who doesn't like popcorn? Usually served salted or sweetened, with butter or without, sporting events or movies, popcorn is one of our favorite snacks!
Our favorite here at Macaroni Kid is the Popcorn Ball! Popcorn balls are a delicious snack that are fun to not only eat but to make with your kids!
Try this recipe out!
- 9 cups plain popped popcorn
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 stick),
cut into small pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Coat a large bowl with butter or cooking spray and place popcorn in the bowl.
2. Add sugar, corn syrup, water, and salt in a medium saucepan and stir to combine over heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil, remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla until melted and smooth.
3. Drizzle sugar mixture over the popcorn and stir continuously with a rubber spatula, scraping the bottom of the bowl, until the popcorn is thoroughly coated and cool enough to handle.
4. Tightly press mixture (it may still be a bit warm) into 2-inch rounds. Place on waxed paper to cool completely.
5. Popcorn balls should be kept for at least 5 days in an airtight container.
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC