October 2, 2011
- Eggland's Best Goes Pink to Fight Breast Cancer
- Win a $25 Gift Card!
- "Jake and the Neverland Pirates" Now on DVD!
- Macaroni Must
- Macaroni Tips
- Macaroni Plays
- This Week's Picks
- This Week's Calendar
- Teen Scene
- Plan Ahead
- Apple Butterfly Craft
- Fall Recipe of the Week: Easy Apple Muffins!
- Macaroni Spells
- Zen Massage and Kid Fresh Giveaways
A Breakfast Treat Sure to Please!
We are definitely breakfast people at our house. Sometimes we may not eat it until 9:30 or 10, so maybe that makes it brunch, but I love this apple muffin recipe. It's easy and fast, since it uses applesauce instead of having to actually cut up apples! Also-if you want to make it healthier you can sub in 1/2 cup of oatmeal for 1/4 cup of the flour.
What you need:
- 3/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tap cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chunky applesauce
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients (except baking soda and baking powder, which you've already put in with the yogurt).
- The yogurt mixture should be slightly puffy by this point. Add the applesauce and eggs to it and stir.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry.
- Pour into greased muffin cups (or use liners). Fill muffin cups about 1/2 full. (I like to only do half b/c then the muffin doesn't come out of the top of the cup and overflow the edge.)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until tops are golden brown, with cracks in them.
- Let cool (a little) and serve! (My kids like to eat theirs with peanut butter and jelly, lol.)
Have your say
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC